Name:
Location: Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan

I'm a university student and belong to karate circle in the university. I like sports very much. In my junior high school and high school days, I belonged to volleyball club, and track and field club. I enjoyed both of them, and now I like watching these sports on TV. I also like animals and have a dog and 7 Japanese killifish. I want to have a cat, too. However, my father don't like cats, and my dog, Rug, will chase the cat. So I will not be able to have any cat...

My Links

Friday, November 11, 2005

A match of karate

On Sunday, I have a match of karate at Osaka University of Arts. The match is only for university students, and it was held at KGU last year. I didn't take part in the match last year because I was afraid to. However I was encouraged to see my seniors who had taken parted in the match, so I decided to take part in it this year. I practiced hard to improve my defect and not to regret.
On this Wednesday, I sprained my finger when I was practicing. Though I did the same thing many times before, it didn’t hurt, so I didn’t care about the finger. However, when I was playing basketball in physical education class, I noticed that it was a little bit hard to move the finger. Because I was absorbed in playing basketball, I didn’t care about the finger, again. When I woke up this morning, I found that the finger was swelling and that I could bend it just a little. Then I thought that I should have cooled off the finger when I sprained it, and after I played basketball. I hope that the finger is better on Sunday, though I don’t think that the sprained finger will be a reason if I lose.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nakaeri said...

Can I play basketball with you on Thursday if I went the class? Could you ask the teacher?? I eager to play--;

3:53 AM  
Blogger yoheibig said...

How was it? I never watch karate match. Do you wear any protection? Can you hit head?
Take care. The best way to cure is by cooling.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

I won third prize! Though I think you have already heard about it, Yohei.
Boys put protection on their legs and knees and gloves in preliminary mutches. But no protetion in final and semifinal matches. Girls wear protection on their upper half of the body and headgears in addition to what boys put. In final and semifinal matches, girls don't wear body protection.
It is against the rules to punch on the head. One of our member lost because he punched opponent on the head, though he was dominant. I hope that he wins a mutch next time.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home