Name:
Location: Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan

I'm a university student and belong to karate circle in the university. I like sports very much. In my junior high school and high school days, I belonged to volleyball club, and track and field club. I enjoyed both of them, and now I like watching these sports on TV. I also like animals and have a dog and 7 Japanese killifish. I want to have a cat, too. However, my father don't like cats, and my dog, Rug, will chase the cat. So I will not be able to have any cat...

My Links

Friday, October 28, 2005

Koala Is Marsupial!

On last weekend, I received an air-mail from my friend who studies abroad in Australia. She sent me a picture postcard of a koala in the mail. It is very cute and looks like a small bear. On the opposite side of the picture, it says "The Koala is a nocturnal, tree dwelling marsupial mammal, ..." I didn't know that koala was marsupial until I read it! I had thought that marsupial animal that I know was only kangaroo, so I was shocked because koala was very familiar with me and because I had ever seen it sometimes. In my image, young koala is on mother's back, but not in mother's pocket. I still can't believe it... If the mother hangs on a tree, I think that young koala in her pocket will be squashed! Anyway, koala is marsupial though I STILL can’t believe. Where is your pocket? Please show me with your child in it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lingfang said...

Hi!Nice to meet you:-)I'm Lingfang from Adam's IES class.
The koala is very cute★ I also didn't know that koakas are marsupial animal... I'm so surprised, and I don't know why but I'm little shock. Koalas have pockets:-( I really want to see the baby in the pocket!

6:03 PM  
Blogger seiji ohashi said...

Koala is interestong, isn't it?

4:42 PM  
Blogger Megumi Kakimoto said...

Hello, Mika!
Oh, u didn't know Koala is a marsupial animal? To tell the truth, I also didn't know until I became a high school student... lol. I learned about it in my English textbook. Platypus ("Kamonohashi" in Japanese) also an interesting mammal. Do u know the interesting nature of platypus?
If u r interested in that, please reseach about them, or ask me^ - ^
Bye,
Megumi Kakimoto:-)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home