Name:
Location: Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan

I'm a university student and belong to karate circle in the university. I like sports very much. In my junior high school and high school days, I belonged to volleyball club, and track and field club. I enjoyed both of them, and now I like watching these sports on TV. I also like animals and have a dog and 7 Japanese killifish. I want to have a cat, too. However, my father don't like cats, and my dog, Rug, will chase the cat. So I will not be able to have any cat...

My Links

Friday, July 15, 2005

Gion festival and a cool guy

In my circle, there is an Italian exchange student. His name is Alex, and he is 25 years old. He has three brothers, and one of them has come to Japan for sight seeing. His name is Max, and he came to see our practice. I was very excited because he was really cool! At first, I thought he was older than me, but actually, he was three years younger than me!

After we practiced karate, I, Alex, Max, and a senior, Emiko went to Kyoto to enjoy Gion festival. I had never been to the festival, though I had lived in Osaka for 19 years. We got off train at Shijyo station, and there were many people. None of us had ever been to Gion festival, so we didn’t know that booths were very far from Shijyo. Therefore, though we were tired because of practice, we walked about twenty or thirty minutes. I was so hungry that I thought that I would die… We ate frankfurter, yakisoba, a shaved ice with syrup on the top, and fried chicken. After that, Alex and Max tried dipping for goldfish. They couldn’t catch any goldfish, though they tried three or four times. I told them that they could use the frame of the tool (a ring of plastic or wire with filmy paper). I thought that I could catch at least one goldfish if I tried three or four times… Maybe some Japanese kids are experts. We got to Shijyo at 9 o’clock, so we didn’t have much time to enjoy the festival. However, Max seemed to enjoy the festival because he had never experienced Japanese festival. He took pictures with many strangers, for example girls in yukata, a policeman, and a policeman with a body shield and helmet.

Every year, I watched a portable shrine of the festival on TV, so I wanted to see it actually. However, I will watch it on TV this year, too, because on Tuesday, I have an examination and a report…

I hope that I will not watch a portable shrine on TV next year or the year after next.

2 Comments:

Blogger YukaMori said...

Hi Mika,
Did you took pictures with Max? I want to see him!

>Maybe some Japanese kids are experts.
People in Yamatokoriyama in Nara also experts because goldfishes are specialties of there *L*

This blog makes me want to go to a festival.

2:55 PM  
Blogger terri87alfredo said...

damn good blog, check out mine http://juicyfruiter.blogspot.com, comments always welcome!

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home