Name:
Location: Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan

I'm a university student and belong to karate circle in the university. I like sports very much. In my junior high school and high school days, I belonged to volleyball club, and track and field club. I enjoyed both of them, and now I like watching these sports on TV. I also like animals and have a dog and 7 Japanese killifish. I want to have a cat, too. However, my father don't like cats, and my dog, Rug, will chase the cat. So I will not be able to have any cat...

My Links

Friday, June 03, 2005

about raccoon

I have been interested in raccoon since I saw it, but I did not know that there was no raccoon in Japan originally. So I researched on raccoon on the Internet to know more about it.

Their home is North America, and they came to Japan around 1962 and are escaping in Hokkaido and Gifu prefecture. The problems are damage to agriculture and dairying and agency of rabid. It is said that Japanese came to keep raccoons because of the famous animation, Araiguma Rascal.

I got information of raccoon from National Institute for Environmental Studies. You will see not only about autochthonous animals but also about global environment, environmental information, and so on.

National Institute for Environmental Studies
http://www.nies.go.jp/index-j.html
http://www.nies.go.jp/biodiversity/invasive/detail/10150.html

When I was researching on raccoon, I found a home page of Araiguma Rascal. Though I do not know about Rascal very much, he is very cute!!! I understand the reason why Japanese came to keep raccoons.

the home page of Araiguma Rascal
http://www1.harenet.ne.jp/~sato2000/rascal/rascal.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home