Name:
Location: Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan

I'm a university student and belong to karate circle in the university. I like sports very much. In my junior high school and high school days, I belonged to volleyball club, and track and field club. I enjoyed both of them, and now I like watching these sports on TV. I also like animals and have a dog and 7 Japanese killifish. I want to have a cat, too. However, my father don't like cats, and my dog, Rug, will chase the cat. So I will not be able to have any cat...

My Links

Friday, May 27, 2005

coon

My parents and neighbor say that a coon appears recently in the area which my house is in, and the reason may be that someone who could not keep it anymore abandoned it. There are rice fields and fields for vegetables in the area, so the coon comes to get food.

Yesterday, when I was reaching my house from walking with my dog, he heard something making noise in water. He ran toward the noise, and we found an animal. It was so dark that I could not see what it was, and at first, I thought it was a cat. But I also thought that it was strange that cat was in the river, so I looked into it again and found a coon there!! I was surprised very much, but it did not run away. So I watched it for some minutes carefully. It had striped tail and was very cute! So I tried to take pictures by my sell phone, but I could not because it was too dark to take a picture. While I was trying to take pictures, my dog kept barking, so it ran away swashing. After it ran away, we looked for it for a while, but we could not find it at last.

It had already passed 7 o’clock, so I guess that the coon was acting because it is luminous. I want see it again, so if I have a free time in the evening, I will take a walk.

I could not take any picture of the coon, so I looked for pictures of coons in the Internet. This is the address of the HP. Have a look if you are interested in it.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/raccoon-life/contents-frame.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Nakaeri said...

So the coon is different from the raccoon dog, Right? I wanted see that creature too! I’m not seeing anything recently~~~~!!!>< Not even a cat. Oh! But I always see sparrows at the Enkei-stage at Kansai Gaidai. They are very friendly and not scared the people. Don’t you think so???

2:12 AM  
Blogger Badpatty said...

I didn't know that Japan has raccoons! They're common where I am, in the American southeast. Are the coons rabid, over where you are?

1:40 AM  
Blogger scott-o said...

actually, Mika, we'd usually call them Racoons. Coon isn't wrong, but it is rather informal (and the word coon is actually a derogatory word in some contexts).

All this aside, I am glad you saw the racoon. They are cute to look at, but keep your distance, unless you wanna be made into obasan stew.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home