Name:
Location: Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan

I'm a university student and belong to karate circle in the university. I like sports very much. In my junior high school and high school days, I belonged to volleyball club, and track and field club. I enjoyed both of them, and now I like watching these sports on TV. I also like animals and have a dog and 7 Japanese killifish. I want to have a cat, too. However, my father don't like cats, and my dog, Rug, will chase the cat. So I will not be able to have any cat...

My Links

Thursday, April 14, 2005

About Me

I'm Mika who likes LOVE PSYCHEDELICO and karate!

LOVE PSYCHEDELICO is Japanese band. I love their songs. Though LOVE PSYCHEDELICO are Japanese, their songs include many English words. Some of their songs are all in English. Sometimes I don't catch what she sings, but her songs is comfortable to me. Recently, they released their first best album, "Early Times". It has very good songs, so I want you to listen to them.

Karate is one of martial arts, and I have practiced it for one year in karate circle of my university. When I started to practice karate, I didn't know about it at all. However, seniors taught me plainly, and now I have yellow belt! (though it will take four more advances to get black belt in my school...)

Knowing that I practice karate, most of my friends say that I'm tough. However, it is not so hard as they think, especially to girls. You'll see that if you get into karate world! (Maybe.)

On April 24, my university have a festival for freshmen, and my circle is going to do a performance. In the performance, I will split five tiles which are made for such performance. I've never tried it, so I'm very nervous... I'll practice harder to performe successfully!!

2 Comments:

Blogger scott-o said...

Wow Mika, nice long post! I don't know this group, do you have any of their music I could borrow? I like listening to music my students recommend because I feel I just don't know enough Japanese music and the best way to learn what is good and popular (not always the same thing) is to get lots of opinions.
So you must practice Karate on campus then? Congrats on your belt. I have never done karate, but I played Capoeira for about 3-years and really miss it in Japan.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Megumi Kakimoto said...

Hi, Mika! I'm Meg. Of course, you know!
I really want to see "karate version Mika." If I can go to KGU festival for freshmen, I will go to see your performance on stage.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home